
Remember when you were 8 and how cool it was to ride on the bus for a field trip? Well it's not exactly the same when your 30. I went with Jackson on his 2nd grade field trip today. It really was a great field trip. We went to the Orpheum theatre in Phoenix. We saw a very entertaining and educational production of "The Body." It was great fun hanging out with Jackson and his class all day. I loved eating a sack lunch at the park with him. I just could have gone without the long and hot ride on the bus.
2nd graders do ask funny questions though:
"Why do all grown up girls always wear their hair down?"
I don't know
"What is the hardest thing in the world?"
another, I don't know
(during the long bus ride) "Are we still in Arizona?"
I do know the answer to that one, Yes!


8 comments:
I love that you get to go on field trips. And oh how fun on those wonderful bus rides. What a great Mom you are!
That is so awesome! Megan came home today so tired from the field trip. She said the park was fun and the human body is "interesting" :-) Glad you could make it. Hoping to go on a fieldtrip soon.
I think a long hot bus ride sounds kind of nice right now. Every time we get in the car we have to be so bundled up I think our faces will freeze off!
I did that one time with Payton's class, the ride wasn't that long on the way there, but on the way home the bus drive got on the freeway going the wrong way, it was long and I was pregnant, it was NOT fun.
The kids that day were playing a fun game called "guess what?" and if you said WHAT, you were it???!! Go figure, I kept losing. I did have fun with my kid, but the next field trip I met the kids there. :)
Glad you got to go. Sounded like fun. Kids do make me laugh on buses. I swear I would get more tired on field trip days than normal days at school (field trips=no lunch/recess breaks). Sometimes I would put my sunglasses on on the way home and take a little snooze.:)
That is awesome that you went on a field trip! Caitlynn keeps asking why I don't volunteer to go on her field trips, and I have to remind her that Claire still doesn't drink from a bottle or sippy so I can't leave her with anyone. I used to love the bus rides when I was little! Sorry that it wasn't so enjoyable for you now. Yah, when you're little you don't pay much attention to how hot the ride can be. And way to go on the 1/2 marathon! You inspire me!
Hahahaha! I love the things that kids say. How special that you got to spend a day (albeit in an hot bus-sorry about that) with your sweet little boy!
HaHaHaHa!! I am laughing about that one! I remember feeling sooooo cool on field trip days. You are a saint for going. What a lady!
Post a Comment