June 14, 2009

Quiet Time

Every Sunday growing up we had "quiet time." It wasn't a bad thing, just time for everyone to chill out on their beds and do a quiet activity. We had a options, we could write in our journal, which was always my favorite, read a church magazine, scriptures, maybe just take a nap. It was part of life at the Driggs house.

Well today the Church family has decided to carry on this tradition. The kids seemed to take to the idea pretty well. I can now see the brillance my parents had instilling this, it's very enjoyable! Here is the first of many Sundays at the Church house with "quiet time."


Ella writing in her notebook.



Davis working on his reading.




Jackson writing in his journal about Cub Scout Camp. I'll post pictures soon since I was there to take them. I have to admit it's pretty fun being Jackson's wolf leader.




Ty studying for oral boards coming this October.


Avery having the best quiet time.

Then there is me obviously not being as productive, but with great plans for this new quiet time in my life. I have some scripture reading goals for the summer given to me just today at church. But before I begin I just had to capture this little fam that I love so much, especially when they are all so quiet.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Madsen Family said...

That is brilliant! I need to do that at my house. Kyler is at the endless talking stage of life and I am sorry to say, sometimes I need a break!

Jani -n- Todd said...

Oh that is such a great idea! It's kinda like at girls camp when ya had "solo time"!!! That's awesome!

ejrowsell said...

Love that! Did you see in the Friend not too long ago about "Sunday Stations". We recently started doing that at our home... Okay, its been two weeks, but the kids LOVE it! (Well Damon and Lainey do, Trevin is asleep!) It is nice to have some quiet time when they can write in journals, write letters, and read. PLUS - I have another goal in all of this - The both need to improve their handwriting AND they both need to spend time reading this summer! ;-)

Kathy said...

HI Tiff,
Brilliant idea. The Church kids all had quiet time in their up-bringing as well. Only, we did it every day. A little time to yourself, each day. Heaven.

Meeker home said...

Oh. my. gosh. That idea is pure genius. Totally stealing it.

Copy and paste this code to your HTML/Java Script: